SIF is delighted to welcome the World Bank at the SOURCE Council. The SOURCE Council is composed of representatives of Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs). MDBs that have made full annual institutional membership contributions to SIF and are working to integrate SOURCE into their operations may nominate a representative to the Council. The SOURCE Council enjoys the following powers:
- define and direct the operations related to the development, maintenance and management of the SOURCE platform by the Managing Board.
- oversee the activities of the Management Board in accordance with the agreed Work Plan for the development and distribution of the SOURCE platform.
The SOURCE Council, is now composed of 5 MDBs members and 1 observer:
- The African Development Bank (AfDB) (observer)
- The Asian Development Bank (AsDB),
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD),
- The European Investment Bank (EIB),
- The Interamerican Development Bank (IDB) and
- The World Bank Group (WBG)
The World Bank will support the main strategy to increase the number and quality of projects prepared and published in SOURCE by:
- Supporting SOURCE integration in countries in Countries and MDBs
- Designing and developing SOURCE new functionalities to support integration
- Increasing collaborations with project databases and knowledge centers